To learn more about our editorial integrity policy and how we make money through affiliate partnerships, read our full disclosure here.
A complete set of the right gardening tools is essential for both expert and beginner gardeners alike. But it doesn’t end at spades and shovels. A great gardening stool can make working on your landscaping easier and less straining on your joints and back, making gardening as enjoyable as possible. But with so many stools for sale, which one should you buy — and where should you begin your research?
At Gardening Know How, we know that choosing a stool is a tough decision. We’ve rounded up some of the best gardening stools available online to help make your gardening safer and stress-fee.
Our review team used a variety of standards and considerations when choosing the best garden stools. We considered things like price, value, expected life of the product, customer reviews, and much more in our search.
#1 Abco Tech Garden Kneeler & Seat
This stool from Abco Tech features a unique foldable design for simple storage. It doubles as both a seat and a kneeling pad, making it an ideal gardening accompaniment for elderly gardeners and those with back and joint conditions. The bench also comes with a side tool pouch, making it even more convenient.
The Abco Tech Garden Kneeler & Seat currently holds an average rating of 4.6 out of 5.0 stars and has 787 customer reviews on Amazon.
On June 8, 2017, Amazon user Retired Bob wrote about how well this stool works for senior citizens:
Very well designed and made. Perfect for an old guy like me to use in the garden but also for help getting up from mat exercises without any other support around. Sounds crazy, but you will all get old someday and this is a real friend.
- Thick pad helps lessen pain on joints
- Foldable design is perfect for easy storage
- Doubles as both a seat and a kneeling pad
- Features a side tool pouch for easy gardening
#2 Miracle-Gro 4-in-1 Garden Stool
The Miracle-Gro 4-in-1 Garden Stool is the perfect accessory for disabled gardeners and those with mobility issues. The stool features durable plastic wheels that make movement easier a sturdy, UV ray-resistant body. The stool can hold up to 220 pounds of weight and features a soft, thick kneeling pad perfect for all gardeners. As the name suggests, the 4-in-1 stool features a variety of unique tools: a kneeling pad, a sturdy seat, an inner storage container, and easy-rolling wheels.
The Miracle-Gro 4-in-1 Garden Stool currently holds a 3.7-star rating with a total of 97 customer reviews.
On May 5, 2019, P Priddy noted the convenience of this product:
Will use this a lot. I have a hard time bending and kneeling when working in the yard. This is so great because I won’t have to go looking for all my garden tools.
- UV ray-resistant body keeps your stool looking great
- Rolling wheels means simple, non-stressful movement
- Stool works as both a kneeling pad, seat, bench, and storage box
- Maximum weight of 220 pounds
#3 Pure Garden Cart Rolling Scooter With Seat
If you’re looking for a durable way to make moving around your garden easier, be sure to consider this model from Pure Garden. The Pure Garden Cart Rolling Scooter With Seat features a tough, grooved set of wheels that makes it easier to navigate rough landscaping terrain. The easy-to-assemble body makes the stool easy to modify for gardeners with accessibility issues, and the stool is made from durable PVC and stainless steel.
The Pure Garden Cart Rolling Scooter With Seat currently holds an average rating of 3.9 stars out of 5.0 and has 319 customer reviews.
On August 24, 2015, Patricia W. wrote about how well this stool works for gardeners with mobility issues:
I love this product. It was very easy to put together which was a plus. It’s sturdy and I use it all the time. I have mobility issues, so without this garden scooter I couldn’t work in my garden.
- Durable body is built to last
- Features grooved, sturdy wheels build for grass and rougher terrain
- Lightweight material makes transportation simple
- Stool features shelf underneath the seat for easy access to tools
#4 California Picnic Garden Tools Set Organizer & Seat
Searching for an all-in-one gardening tool or a gift set for a first-time gardener? The Garden Tools Set Organizer & Seat from California Picnic is perfect for novice gardeners and veterans alike. The foldable seat is perfect for storage in small spaces, and the stool even comes with a full set of gardening tools to begin your collection. This option is perfect for anyone looking for a lightweight way to move around their garden — or who wants to begin their first garden this season.
The California Picnic Tools Set Organizer & Seat currently holds an average rating of 4.5 stars and has two customer reviews on Amazon.
On December 22, 2019, MBB encouraged buyers to embrace their inner “dork” and invest in this seat:
I thought I was dorky for buying this, and, well, I am, but it’s also super handy. I rent a plot in a community garden, and I always wish I had something to sit on. The seat is sturdy and the bag below it is roomy. Just accept your inner dork.
- Includes a complete set of tools for beginner gardeners
- Lightweight seat is easy to move around
- Includes a storage space beneath the seat for easy access
- Easy to fold up and store in small spaces
#5 Idealux Heavy Duty Folding Stool
The Idealux Heavy Duty Folding Stool is the ideal tool for any gardener looking for a balance of portability and strength. The lightweight frame is constructed from stainless steel and built to last while also remaining mobile. The stool can stand up to 150 pounds and includes side pockets for easy tool access. The body of the seat is water-resistant, making it perfect for gardeners who live in rainy or humid climates. It also includes a small set of stainless steel gardening tools ideal for beginner gardeners.
The Idealux Heavy Duty Folding Stool currently has an average rating of 4.1 out of 5.0 stars and eight customer reviews on Amazon.
On June 9, 2019, Robert and Marlene wrote about how this multi-functional tool was useful both in and outside of their garden:
This chair is small enough to store and strong. Material is very strong. I even use it at the beach because it’s lightweight as well. The gardening tools are good material.
- Lightweight, water-resistant body material is ideal for rainy climates
- Stainless steel frame is portable and can be quickly folded down
- Includes a small set of stainless steel gardening tools
- Stainless steel frame resists rust and degradation
Things to Consider When Buying Garden Stools
Still searching for the right gardening stool for your collection? Be sure to consider these key points before you buy.
- Weight limits — If you’re a gardener of size, you’ll want to check each stool’s weight limit before you make a choice. Many stools include a maximum supported weight, and this limit can be as low as 150 pounds.
- Body material — If you live in a wet or rainy climate, you’ll want to consider a stool made from a material that resists rusting. Even if you don’t leave your stool out in the rain, wet grass and soil can quickly contribute to rusting on your stool.
- Portability — Elderly gardeners or gardeners with disabilities may have trouble moving a heavy gardening stool around. Look for a stool with a lightweight frame and design to make movement less stressful.
- Storage — A non-foldable garden stool can quickly take up a large amount of space in a small shed or garage. Look for a stool that folds to save space if you live in an apartment or a smaller home.