Join Gardening Know How on their scavenger hunt for a Quaker Pie Pumpkin! For more information on this heirloom variety pumpkin, click here. If you have a Quaker Pie Pumpkin, photograph it and share it with us hash-tagged #GKHpichunt via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram! All photo submissions will be judged by Gardening Know How staff and one grand prize winner will be selected.
WHAT DO YOU WIN?
- The prestige of being a published photographer! Your photo (credited to you) will be featured in an upcoming article on the Gardening Know How website! How is that for some great bragging rights?!
- A $25 gift certificate to one of the following five seed retailers of your choice: Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company, Burpee, Johnny’s Selected Seeds, Jung Seed or Seed Savers Exchange!
You have 24 hours to complete this scavenger hunt mission!
Contest starts 8 a.m. EST on Monday, October 19th and ends 8 a.m. EST on Tuesday October 20th!
- Photo submissions must be original and the submitting photographer must hold all rights to the work.
Originality of photos will be verified by Gardening Know How.
- Photographers must have explicit permission from any people whose faces are recognizable in their photographs.
- Multiple photo submissions are allowed provided each photo is unique.
- Photos taken of Quaker Pie Pumpkins in past years also qualify.
- Photographers retain copyright in their submitted work.
All entries submitted to Gardening Know How via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram will be displayed in a centralized photo gallery on Facebook.
|This will be the first of several scavenger hunts. Get a head start on future scavenges by taking photos of the below fruits & vegetables and increase your odds of winning some great prizes!|
GOOD LUCK & HAPPY HUNTING!
UPDATE 1/3/2016: Congratulations to William Woys Weaver, the winner of the scavenger hunt for the Quaker Pie Pumpkin!